Looking for ways to promote and market your fitness business? Whether you run a gym, fitness studio, or are a personal trainer, great marketing can transform your operations. It’ll generate a steady stream of leads, revenue, and loyal clients so you’re never worried about sales or income.
In this guide – you’ll find the best marketing ideas for fitness businesses, with downloadable resources, and links to more detailed articles too.
- Downloadable Marketing Resources
- Proven Marketing Ideas
- Fitness Marketing Articles
- Why Marketing Health & Fitness Is Different
- Work With Us
We’re a specialist fitness marketing agency with 15+ years of industry experience, so we know first-hand what works (and what doesn’t!). We’ve helped gyms, fitness studios, and personal trainers to successfully promote their businesses, so our marketing strategies are tried and tested. You can be confident that the ideas and approaches we share here are proven to work in the real world.
Downloadable Marketing Resources
Save time and get everything you need with our marketing guides and ready-made templates…
Proven Marketing Ideas
When it comes to promoting your gym or personal training business, there are a huge number of marketing ideas to choose from. Here are 10 options to get you started along with links to more in-depth articles…
- Social media – use Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and X/Twitter to attract new clients and increase retention.
- Email – build your list using lead magnets, send welcome emails, then develop the relationship by sending regular e-newsletters.
- Advertising – advertise online using Google Ads or social media platforms to generate leads and sales.
- Promotions – seasonal campaigns and price promotions can give your business a short-term boost.
- Content marketing – create educational content for clients while also positioning yourself as an expert and boosting your Google rankings.
- Events – workshops and product launches are great ways to attract new clients and create a sense of community.
- Testimonials – testimonials and word of mouth drive 20-50% of all purchasing decisions and are a vital way to build trust with potential customers.
- Affiliates – get others to promote your business and only pay them a commission on sales they generate.
- PR – work with the press or local bloggers to get free coverage for your business.
- Partnerships – work with complementary businesses and blogs to promote your products or services.
These marketing ideas are all proven to work for fitness businesses like gym studios, health clubs, and personal trainers.
More Marketing Articles & Guides
Here’s a comprehensive list of marketing articles on our blog where you can learn more about advertising, SEO, branding, and more…
Health & Fitness Marketing Ideas
- 25 Fitness Marketing Ideas To Grow Gym Revenue & Get More Members
- 10 Proven Gym Marketing Ideas To Get More Members
- 30 Personal Trainer Marketing Ideas To Get More Clients
- 10 Health & Wellness Marketing Ideas
- 20 Best Gym Promo Ideas To Boost Revenue
- Fitness Studio Marketing – 5 Smart Lessons From Boutique Clubs
- How To Market Your Personal Training Business – 5 Best Practices
- How To Promote a New Fitness Business From Scratch [Start-Up Tips]
- How To Sell Fitness Programs Online
- Yoga Marketing Strategies For Studios, Teachers & Online Instructors
- Marketing for Health Coaches – 5 Quick Ideas For Getting More Clients
- Fitness Marketing Strategies For Gyms, Studios & Personal Trainers
- 15 Awesome Gym Event Ideas That’ll Boost Your Fitness Business
- Fun Fitness Challenge Ideas for Gyms & Bloggers [10 Of The Best]
- Fun Weight Loss Challenge Ideas That Clients Will Love
- Gifts For Personal Training Clients [7 Awesome Loyalty Marketing Ideas]
Planning & Strategy
- Gym Marketing Plan With Instructions, Examples & PDF Templates
- Personal Trainer Marketing Plan With Examples & PDF Templates
- Yoga Marketing Plan Template & How-To Guide With Examples
- How to Find Your Gym’s Target Market In 3 Easy Steps
- How to Find Your Target Market for Personal Training
- Fitness Marketing – The Ultimate Guide For Gyms & Health Clubs
- 8 Highly-Effective Gym Advertising Ideas For Boosting Revenue
- Google Ads for Personal Trainers – A Simple Guide
- 7 Advertising Copywriting Strategies for High-Performing Ads
- 5 Best Gym Advertisement Examples With Design & Layout Tips
- Fitness Advertising Ideas, Examples & Common Mistakes To Avoid
- How To Write an Awesome Fitness Sales Page That Converts
- How To Write Descriptions For Fitness Products & Pages
Promotional Materials & Tools
- Write a Great Fitness Testimonial (With Template & Examples)
- 9 Personal Training Poster Templates To Promote Your Services
- Fitness Profile Templates For Personal Trainers & Instructors
- 101 Free Health & Fitness Images – Royalty-Free Bundle
- Write The Perfect Personal Trainer Bio [With Examples & Templates]
- 9 Awesome Fitness Flyer Templates For Gyms & Personal Trainers
- Personal Trainer Business Cards – Ideas, Examples & Tips
- Creative HIIT & Functional Fitness Class Names [+Idea Generator]
- 10 Wellness Retreat Itinerary Templates (Free Download)
- Top 10 Marketing Tools For Gyms & Fitness Studios [Free & Low Cost]
- 7 Key Marketing Tools For Personal Trainers [Free & Low Cost]
- 7 Free Marketing Tools For Yoga Businesses
- Brand Spotlight – ONO Protein Oats (Marketing Case Study)
- Convert Fitness Website Visitors Into Paying Clients (Case Study)
- How We Grew a Targeted Email List of 15,000 Industry Professionals (Case Study)
- Life Time Fitness Email Marketing (Case Study)
- 5 Health & Wellness Branding Strategies [Plus Examples & Ideas]
- 130+ Fitness Logo Ideas – Inspiration For Gyms & Personal Trainers
- 50 Gym Logo Design Ideas For Fitness Clubs & Studios
- 50 Personal Trainer Logo Ideas + How To Design Your Own For Free
- 150+ Health & Wellness Logo Ideas – Creative Designs & Inspiration
- 130+ Yoga Logo Design Ideas For Studios, Classes & Retreats
- 101+ Nutrition Logo Ideas – Creative Designs For Dietitians & Nutritionists
- 50 Creative Gym Name Ideas + Generator Cheat Sheet
- 50 Awesome Personal Training Business Names [+Ideas Cheat Sheet]
- 35 Creative Yoga Business Name Ideas (+Generator)
Fitness Marketing Basics
Health and fitness marketing isn’t the same as other industries. It has unique aspects that make it different (and sometimes more difficult) for several reasons…
- No-one likes hard work – most people don’t enjoy working out or eating healthily so selling these things can be an uphill battle from the start.
- Gratification is delayed – people don’t instantly look or feel better after buying a gym membership so it’s harder to sell than products or services with an instant solution.
- It’s a crowded industry – with new gyms opening monthly, personal trainers getting certified daily, and a deluge of fitness influencers on social media, there’s a constant influx of new competitors.
- With a poor reputation – from gyms selling underhand membership contracts to supplement companies selling snake oil, lots of people no longer trust the fitness industry (which is is really frustrating for the honest majority who deliver real results for their clients).
So, how do we overcome these issues? The good news is if you know what you’re up against, it’s much easier to create effective marketing strategies that overcome them. With the right approach, you can address each of these challenges through your marketing efforts and generate more leads.
And it definitely pays to find the right approach to marketing. Because it can deliver a huge return on the time and money invested in it. Professional marketers aim to generate between 5x-10x return on the money spent on marketing budgets…
- Email marketing has the best average return on investment (ROI) at 36:1, an incredible 3600%!
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) has the next best ROI ratio at 22:1, equating to 2200%.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising has an ROI of 2:1, effectively doubling your money.
- Over 50% of companies say the marketing activities with the highest return on investment are search-related – including paid search, SEO, and content marketing.
- People and companies that use blogging as a marketing tool are 13 times more likely to get a positive ROI.
- While 83% of marketers say that social media ROI is difficult to measure, 96% agree that it delivers positive returns.
Plus a few more fascinating marketing facts that we thought were interesting…
- 72% of people prefer to learn about a company via video rather than text.
- 64% of Internet users are more likely to purchase a product online after watching a video.
- 45% of organizations don’t have a clearly defined digital marketing strategy.
Get Help With Your Fitness Marketing
We help fitness businesses with their marketing in three ways…
- Ready-made resources – done-for-you marketing templates, playbooks, and training courses to help you promote your own fitness business.
- One-to-one consulting – where we take care of the competitor analysis, strategy, and content dependent on your needs.
- Free marketing articles – available to read on our blog, simply use the search bar at the bottom of our website to find what you need or browse the list below.
Fitness Marketing Templates [NEW]
50+ ready-made templates, cheat sheets, and done-for-you examples to help you promote your fitness business.
Fitness Marketing Fundamentals Playbook
Learn how to generate leads for your fitness business and promote yourself through social media, email, advertising, and other effective methods.
Got a question about how to market your fitness business? Then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Sources: https://goatagency.com/blog/social-media-marketing/social-media-marketing-statistics/ , https://www.websitebuilderexpert.com/grow-online/digital-marketing-roi-statistics/ , https://bestwriting.com/blog/digital-marketing-roi-statistics