Looking for a PARQ form template that’s fully editable and customisable? A physical activity readiness questionnaire (PARQ for short) is helpful for inducting new gym members but usually comes in PDF format. This means it’s not very easy to edit without fancy design software, so we decided to make a fully editable one.
In this article – we share a printable and editable PARQ form for personal trainers and gyms that you can customise to your own needs.
What’s a PARQ Form?
A PARQ form highlights potential red flags that may affect whether exercise is suitable for a client. It asks questions about medical conditions (and associated symptoms) that could be made worse by physical activity.
Using a PARQ has a number of benefits for gyms, trainers, and clients…
- Highlights health concerns that clients should speak to their doctor about.
- Helps personal trainers and fitness instructors to create an exercise program tailored to client needs.
- Reduces the risk of illness and injury related to exercise.
Some fitness professionals believe that you should use a PARQ form for fitness testing. However, it’s actually a broader client assessment tool that highlights health conditions that may affect exercise suitability.
There are other fitness testing tools that are more suited to assessing aerobic capacity, endurance, flexibility, and so on.
How Many Questions Does a PAR-Q Have?
The short version of the PAR-Q form has 7 questions and the long version has 25. Here are the questions included in the short version…
- Has your doctor ever said you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
- In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
- Do you lose balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem ( for example back, knee or hip) that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing medication for your blood pressure or heart condition?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not take part in physical activity?
These questions can help to highlight red flags when it comes to being ready to exercise.
Is PAR-Q a Legal Requirement?
Using a PARQ is an industry-standard rather than a legal requirement. All leading training providers recommend that they are used with new members and clients. However, some gyms prefer to create their own client assessment tools or use different versions.
The PARQ can help to protect you against liability should you be faced with a legal situation. It shows that you did your due diligence and that the client was made aware of the potential risks associated with exercise. Laws vary by state and country so it’s important you do your own research to understand exactly what applies to your own situation.
Some industry bodies may require the use of PARQ forms in order for you to remain an accredited member.
PARQ Form Template Download
To make things easy, we’ve created a downloadable PARQ template in Word document format. It’s fully customisable – you can change the colours, fonts, and text to suit the needs of your fitness business.
Use it as is, or tailor it with custom questions. Change the branding to match your business by editing the logo and website. Simply double-click on either then tweak it to your needs!
Unlike the ACSM and REPS PARQ forms which aren’t editable, our Word document template is completely customisable. We also offer a range of editable client assessment templates as well as professionally-design printable PDFs. Download them as part of our fitness business template bundle…
Fitness Business Templates & More
Our ready-made templates make it quicker, cheaper, and easier to promote your fitness business. They can improve the effectiveness of your sales and marketing campaigns. If you aren’t an experienced marketer, then templates also provide a useful guide for you to follow.
Whether you run a gym club, fitness studio, or personal training business, these templates will save you time and effort. They’ll help you to plan and organize your promotional activities so that you generate more revenue. You’ll get 40+ templates covering sales, marketing, and business start-up resources.