Asking clients to complete a health and fitness questionnaire is a fundamental part of their induction. But what does this kind of intake form need to include? And why do they even matter?
Fitness Business Templates
In this article – learn what a good fitness and wellness questionnaire should include, with examples and templates to use with your gym and personal training clients.
Why Use a Fitness Questionnaire?
Most gyms and fitness professionals ask clients to complete some kind of intake questionnaire when first joining. Getting people to fill in these forms is useful for a number of reasons…
- Identifies clients challenges or barriers to exercise so you can tailor practical solutions
- Flags medical conditions with the potential to be made worse by exercise
- Helps you set client expectations early in terms of commitment and actions needed from their side
- Considers a wide range of lifestyle factors beyond just fitness, such as diet, stress, and sleep
- Addresses a legal requirement in some states and countries that can protect you from liability
Fitness Marketing Ideas Mini-Guide
25 fitness marketing ideas for your gym, studio, or online business. Attract new members, get more PT clients & boost your fitness blog.
What Should It Include?
These forms are about more than health screening and fitness assessments. A good gym questionnaire template should cover the following…
- Personal details – name, age, contact info
- Fitness goals and motivations – what do they want to achieve?
- Current health situation – any injuries or conditions that might affect their readiness for exercise
- Health habits – exercise, nutrition, smoking, alcohol, sleep and stress
- Legal disclaimer – so that both parties know where they stand liability-wise
It’s important to note that a gym health questionnaire and a PARQ form are not the same things. A PARQ (physical activity readiness questionnaire) assesses someone’s readiness to exercise from a medical perspective. The other typically collects broader information about health habits beyond just fitness, including diet, sleep, and stress.
Here are some fitness and gym questionnaire examples so you can see the difference…
Health & Fitness Questionnaire Template
Ready-made questionnaires for gym and personal training clients are available as part of our fitness business bundle. It includes an editable Word document and PDF version of the questionnaire, so you can easily adapt the questions if needed. You’ll also receive PARQ forms along with 40+ other promotional templates, sales scripts, and business planning tools.Fitness Business Templates
Ready-made templates make it quicker, cheaper, and easier to promote your fitness business. They also improve the quality and effectiveness of your sales and marketing campaigns while also providing a useful guide for you to follow.
Whether you run a gym club, fitness studio, or personal training business, these templates will save you time and effort. They’ll help you to plan and organize your marketing activities so that you generate more revenue. You’ll get 60+ templates covering sales, marketing, lead gen, client training, and business start-up resources.