Want to find the perfect name for your yoga business? Brainstorming unique, creative names isn’t always easy, but it’s worth taking the time to get it right. Afterall, your company name is going to be with you for a long time, so it needs to be perfect…
In this article – we’ve brainstormed 35 yoga business name ideas that you can adapt for your own brand, plus a guide to generating awesome names for yourself.
- Choosing the perfect business name
- Yoga business name ideas
- Name generator worksheet
- Downloadable templates
Your business name is an essential element of your fledgling yoga brand. So it’s vital to get the name right, even if that takes a little time.
The name of your business if often the first impression a client has of you, so it really matters. Plus you need to define it in order to take other steps in setting up, like signing a lease for space or getting a loan for mats.
To simplify things, we put together this guide on devising cool names for your business. Whether you’re starting a yoga studio, online venture, or accessories company, it’ll walk you through:
- Getting creative beyond the typical fitness business name ideas
- The little-known naming frameworks that big marketing agencies use
- How to move forwards even if you’re still not 100% sure on a name
Plus we’ve also created a cheat sheet that includes 50 creative fitness brand name ideas to inspire you. Download it as part of our Fitness Business Template Bundle…
Fitness Business Templates
#1 – Keyword Menu
The first step is to brainstorm a list of words that could relate to your brand. This is about getting all of your ideas out of your head and onto paper. This way you’ll then have a big ‘menu’ to choose from.
Grab a notebook and scribble down all the words you can think of. If you’re not really sure where to start, then here are some things to think about…
- What differentiates your yoga business from others?
- Are there any values your brand stands for?
- What products or services do you offer?
- How do you want your clients to feel?
Once you have at least 3 keywords for each question (i.e. 12+ in total) it’s time to refine them. Most people skip this step, but it’s actually what turns an ‘ok’ business name into an awesome one.
Look at your list of 12+ keywords and think of 3 alternatives for each one. You can use Google to find ‘synonyms’ or a good old fashioned thesaurus. Often you’ll find a new word that describes your brand more accurately than the word you’d first though of.
You might also like… How to write a solid yoga business plan.
Step 2 – Apply A Framework
You should have around 48 words by now. In this step, you should rearrange them into different business name combinations, ideally using a framework. This will help you organise your ideas and test them out as brand names.
This is how leading marketing agencies and global brands approach names. Here are some frameworks that you can use, substituting your keywords in the spaces shown…
- [Keyword] + Yoga (e.g. Lifestyle Yoga, Pure Yoga)
- [Keyword] + Studio (e.g. Restorative Studio, Om Studio)
- Location + [Keyword] (e.g. California Mindfulness)
- The [Keyword] Company (e.g. The Zen Company)
- [Keyword] Society (e.g. Ashtanga Society)
- [Keyword] + [Keyword] (e.g. Dynamic Vinyasa)
Try out different combinations with your own keywords and see which ones you like the sound of. This approach is a bit like having a yoga name generator at your fingertips! Note down any name ideas you like.
If you don’t come up with anything you like, then try a different framework or brainstorm a new set of keywords.
You might also like… 130 Yoga Logo Designs for Studios, Online Businesses & Retreats.
#3 – Check It’s Unique
The final step is to check that your new yoga business name isn’t already being used by someone else. Here’s how to do it…
- Search for the name on Google and Facebook, using quotation marks (“) to ensure you only get exact matches.
- Check your national trademark database to see if anyone has already registered the name: United States Patents & Trademarks Office or UK Intellectual Property Office (or the equivalent site for your own country).
- Use a website domain site like Bluehost to check if your preferred URL address has already been taken.
Doing these checks will ensure that your name is unique and won’t get confused with other yoga businesses.
But what if your business name is already being used by someone else? Well you still have a few options…
- Consider whether you can use the same name without confusing customers… If you’re opening a gym in New York, and the name-twin gym is in Bangkok, you’re not going to be talking to the same customers, in which case there’s no confusion.
- Think about registering the trademark in a different class or adapting the spelling so that it won’t get confused with the other business.
You might also like… Latest Yoga Industry Stats & Market Trends.
Unique Yoga Business Name Ideas
If you’d like some inspiration, then here are 35 creative yoga business name ideas to get you started…
- The Zen Den
- Rest & Renew
- Balance Collective
- On The QT
- Calm & Co.
- Relaxation Hub
- The Serenity Society
- Peace & Quiet
- The Wellness Society
- Yoga Republic
- State Of Balance
- Health Hub
- United Wellness Co.
- Yoga Nation
- The Cardio Collective
- Inclusive Health
- Complete Yoga Co.
- Nourish & Glow
- Soul Yoga
- True Wellness
- Pure Health
- Longterm Lifestyle Co.
- Open & Balanced
- Honest Yoga
- Genuine Health Co.
- Balance & Buzz
- Yoga Fanatics
- The Energy Hub
- Vitality & Co.
- Tough Love
- Sweat Box
- Strong & Lean
- The Wellness Revolution
Yoga Business Name Generator
So now it’s your turn to find your perfect yoga business or studio name. We’ve shown you the approach to take with practical tips and steps to follow, plus 35 name ideas to inspire your own.
Here’s a quick recap of the 3 stages to work through…
- Brainstorm Keywords
- Apply A Framework
- Check it’s unique
If you’d like a little extra help, then you can download our handy cheat sheet. It includes 50 creative fitness name ideas to inspire you, along with the worksheets for the above process. Think of it as a yoga business name generator for your venture! You can download it as part of our Fitness Business Bundle.
You might also like… How to market & promote a yoga business.
Business Start-up Templates
Take a look at our Fitness Business Bundle for ready-made start-up templates. They take the time, hassle, and guesswork out of marketing and promotions…
Our ready-made templates make it quicker, cheaper, and easier to promote your fitness business. They can improve the effectiveness of your sales and marketing campaigns. If you aren’t an experienced marketer, then templates also provide a useful guide for you to follow.
Whether you run a yoga studio, freelance business or online venture, these templates will save you time and effort. They’ll help you to plan and organize your promotional activities so that you generate more revenue. You’ll get 40+ templates covering sales, marketing, and business start-up resources.