It’s easy to underestimate the power of meditation quotes. After all, social media is awash with uplifting phrases and inspirational sayings (in amongst the many trolls!). Some people see them as twee and overused, but the truth is there’s a reason for their popularity – they work.
In this article – we’ve collated the best meditation quotes for stress, mindfulness, and yoga for you to use during coaching sessions, classes, or on social media (plus downloadable images).
- Buddha quotes
- Quotes for stress
- Mindfulness sayings
- Funny meditation quotes
- Marcus Aurelius sayings
- Yoga meditation phrases
- Using quotes in your wellness business
- Downloadable quote images
Buddha Meditation Quotes
When it comes to inspirational and spiritual meditation quotes, those from the Buddha are always wise and uplifting (whatever your religious beliefs).
- The mind is the source of happiness and unhappiness.
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
- Rule your mind or it will rule you.
- What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow. Our life is the creation of our mind.
- There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind.
- Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- If you are quiet enough, you will hear the flow of the universe. You will feel its rhythm. Go with this flow. Happiness lies ahead. Meditation is key.
- Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.
- In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.
Meditation Quotes for Stress
- Chasing after the world brings chaos. Allowing it all to come to me, brings peace. – Zen Gatha
- Meditation is not a way of making the mind go quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there – buried under the 50,000 thoughts, the average person thinks every day. – Deepak Chopra
- Inward calm cannot be maintained unless physical strength is constantly and intelligently replenished. – Buddha
- You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes a day. Unless you’re too busy; then you should sit for one hour. – Old Zen Saying
- A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms. – Zen Shin
- Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat any time and be yourself. – Hermann Hesse
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. – Jimi Hendrix
- The wise yogi knows that the process itself is a destination. That life itself-perhaps this very moment- is the ultimate reward.
- If you have time to breathe, you have time to meditate. – Ajahn Chah
- Without peace, all other dreams vanish and are reduced to ashes. – Jawaharlal Nehru
Mindfulness Meditation Quotes
We’re big fans of Headspace quotes produced by the calming mindfulness app. Here are a few meditation sayings that can help to quiet the mind…
- If every eight-year-old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation. – Dalai Lama
- Just know what is happening in your mind: not happy or sad about it, not attached. If you suffer, see it, know it and be empty.
- As the fletcher whittles and makes straight his arrows, so the master directs his straying thoughts. – Buddha
- Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- One becomes firmly established in practice only after attending to it for a long time, without interruption and with an attitude of devotion.
You might also like… 40+ Mindfulness Quotes To Inspire Your Clients & Students.
Funny Meditation Quotes
Here’s a selection of funny quotes about meditation that you can use to entertain your students or social media followers…
- I’ve got 99 problems and I’m gonna go to yoga and solve about 53 of them.
- If you fall, I’ll be there. Love, Your Yoga Mat
- I’m not napping. This is savasana!
- It’s funny when people think ‘yoga people’ are supposed to be calm. No. We’re all here because we’re nuts!
- Sorry for what I said before I yoga-ed.
- Yoga class helps me calm down from the agonizing stress of trying to get to yoga class on time.
- Don’t just do something. Sit there!
- Come on inner peace, I don’t have all day!
- Don’t let anyone rent a space in your head unless they’re a good tenant.
- Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively.
- Meditation, because some questions can’t be answered by Google.
- You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes a day unless you’re too busy, then you should sit for an hour. – Zen Proverb
- Check on yourself as much as you check on your Instagram.
Marcus Aurelius Meditations Quotes
These Marcus Aurelius sayings are taken from his book ‘Meditations’…
- You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realise this, and you will find strength.
- Let not future things disturb you, for you will come to them, if it shall be necessary, having with you the same reason which you now use for present things.
- Your mind will take the shape of what you frequently hold in thought, for the human spirit is colored by such impressions.
- Discard your misperceptions. Stop being jerked like a puppet. Limit yourself to the present.
- The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
Yoga Meditation Quotes
- Your body will most likely become much more flexible by doing yoga, and so will your mind. – Cyndi Lee
- Yoga is the golden key that unlocks the door to peace, tranquility, and joy. – B.K.S. Iyengar
- Find happiness within nature and yourself. For a healthy and peaceful life, make yoga a habit!
- Yoga does not just change the way we see things, it transforms the person.
- Yoga is the artwork of awareness on the canvas of body, mind, and soul.
For more sayings and ideas, check out our article on inspirational yoga quotes.
How To Use Quotes In Your Business
Here are a few ways that you can use these quotes about meditation in your wellness business…
- Inspiration – use these quotes during classes to inspire your students, clients, or studio members.
- Mantras – include them as mantras for your students to meditate on during yoga or mindfulness sessions.
- Social media – feature these quotes as images, captions, or as regular content such as #MondayMeditation and #Quoteoftheday.
- Interior decor – display these quotes across walls, mirrors, and changing areas as part of your interior design.
You might also like… Inspirational Wellness Quotes To Motivate & Entertain.
Downloadable Quote Images
You can download meditation quotes and images as part of our social media bundle. Use them to drive leads, engagement, and loyalty for your wellness business.
Ideal for busy yoga teachers and studio owners, this kit enables you to benefit from our marketing agency expertise for a fraction of the usual cost.
These ready-made social posts will save you time and effort – you can even schedule them to be automatically posted to your social media accounts. It’s really easy, and the kit also includes step-by-step instructions if you’re keen to give it a try.
Plus, we offer a comprehensive money-back guarantee so you can purchase it risk-free.