Looking for inspirational fitness quotes to motivate your social media followers or gym clients? Perhaps you’re researching funny fitness quotes to share with others, or simply lighten your day.
In this article – we’ve compiled over 75 of the best fitness quotes that you can copy, paste, or just read quietly to yourself…
- Fitness motivation
- Funny fitness sayings
- Quotes to convince people to exercise
- Sayings about goals
- Gym & bodybuilding
- Female fitness quotes
- Quotes by famous athletes
- New year quotes
- Downloadable templates
Fitness Motivation Quotes
Positive fitness quotes and motivational sayings can give people the nudge they need to get started. Here are some of the very best…
- We don’t need to be perfect… we just need to get started.
- Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection – Mark Twain.
- It never gets easier. You just get better at it.
- Shift the focus from what your body looks like to what it can do.
- Each day is another chance to change your life.
- The same voice that says “give up” can also be trained to say “keep going”.
- It’s not about being the best. It’s about being better than you were yesterday.
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
- It’s not until you get tired that you see how strong you really are. – Shaun T
- You can’t out-train a bad diet.
- A healthy lifestyle is something we refine over time, not overnight.
- You don’t have to go fast… you just have to go.
- Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. – Michael Pollan
- It’s ok to fail… consistent doesn’t mean perfect.
- The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- Have a purpose and you won’t need motivation.
- Nothing changes if nothing changes.
FREE Social Media Bundle
It includes 25 inspiring health and fitness posts that you can share on Instagram, Facebook, or any other platform.
Enter your email below to download them…
Funny Fitness Quotes
Here are a few hilarious quotes to get some chuckles down at the gym…
- I’m always weirdly proud when my pee is clear…
- Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going! – Jillian Michaels
- I need to get in shape. If I were murdered right now, my chalk outline would be a circle.
- Cut carbs? Sure, I can do that… *slices bread.
- Don’t give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping.
- Eat clean, stay fit, and have a burger to stay sane. – Gigi Hadid
- Sore? Tired? Out of breath? Good… it’s working.
You might also like… Powerful Mindfulness Quotes To Inspire Your Clients or Wellness Sayings That Uplift & Entertain.
Quotes About Why You Should Exercise
- It is health that is real wealth. – Ghandi
- Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live. – Jim Rohn
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
- We don’t stop exercising because we grow old… we grow old because we stop exercising
- A person too busy to take care of their health, is like a mechanic too busy to take care of their tools.
- You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.
- The quality of your sleep depends on the quality of your day. – Deepak Chopra
- Some things you have to do every day. Eating seven apples on Saturday night instead of one a day just isn’t going to get the job done. – Jim Rohn
- Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. – Edward Stanley
- Everything you do now, is for your future.
Here are a few of the best fitness quotes about achieving our goals…
- Our bodies are capable of anything… It’s our minds we have to convince.
- Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you’re done.
- If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you
- What seems impossible today will one day become your warm up.
- A one-hour workout is 4% of your day.
Gym Fitness Quotes
These are some popular gym and bodybuilding motivational quotes…
- Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow.
- The best exercise is the one you actually do.
- Remember why you started.
- If it was easy, would it be worth it?
- Wake up with determination. Go to be with satisfaction.
- Strength grows in the moment when you think you can’t go on, but you keep going anyway.
- The decent method you follow is better than the perfect method you quit. – Tim Ferris
- If you’re persistent you’ll get it. If you’re consistent you’ll keep it.
- The body achieves what the mind believes.
- Don’t wish for it – work for it.
Want even more ideas? Check out our article on Gym Quotes & FItness Captions for Instagram.
Female Fitness Quotes
Here are some awesome quotes from legendary women in the health and fitness industry…
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable! – Jillian Michaels
- I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t. – Neila Ray
- Progress not perfection. – Kimberly Snyder
- I win or I learn but I never lose. – Marie Forleo
- When you start eating food without labels, you no longer need to count the calories. – Amanda Kraft
Fitness Quotes By Famous Athletes
These fitness quotes by famous athletes are both inspiring and insightful on what it takes to be successful in sport…
- You miss 100% of the shots you never take. – Wayne Gretzky
- Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom. – Jack Lalanne
- I train to be the best in the world on my worst day. – Ronda Rousey
- Exercise should be regarded as tribute to the heart. – Gene Tunney
- The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow. – Ritu Ghatourey
- If you don’t practise you don’t deserve to win. – Andre Agassi
- I didn’t have the same fitness or ability as other girls, so I had to beat them with my mind. – Martina Hingis
- I still look at myself and want to improve. – David Beckham
- I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die. – Serena Williams
- I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. – Michael Jordan
- I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. – Mohammad Ali
- If you turn up worrying about how you’re going to perform, you’ve already lost. Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself. – Usain Bolt
- The best abs exercise is 5 sets of stop eating so much crap. – Lazar Angelov
- Everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and you put the work and time into it. – Michael Phelps.
- Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t. – Jerry Rice
- Practise puts brains in your muscles. – Sam Snead
- Blood, sweat, and respect. First two you give. Last one you earn. – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
New Year Fitness Quotes
Looking for quotes to inspire people who want to exercise as part of their New Year resolutions? Here are a few to get you started…
- Stop waiting for Monday, January 1st, or anything else. Start now.
- A year from now, you’ll wish you had started today.
- Every day is a fresh start.
- If you don’t have enough time, stop watching TV.
You might also like… the best yoga quotes for teaching classes and use on social media.
How Do I Motivate Others to Exercise?
Motivating others is an art and a science. Sharing inspirational fitness quotes is one way to make people believe they can achieve their goals. But it’s probably not going to get them out of bed for that early-morning workout.
Motivation is often intrinsic so it’s not something that you can do for others. The best approach is to lead by example, inspire them to be the best version of themselves, and be ready to help when they decide to take action.
Social Media Kits
If you’re looking for quotes to use on Facebook or Instagram, then check out our pre-made kits. They contain inspirational quotes, motivational fitness sayings, and posts that encourage your followers to interact.
Our social media kits make it easy to drive leads, engagement, and loyalty for your fitness business. Ideal for busy bloggers, gym operators, and studio owners, they enable you to benefit from our marketing agency expertise for a fraction of the usual cost. Ready-made social posts save you time and effort – learn more here.