Looking for funny fitness quotes for Instagram? Do you want to engage and motivate your social media followers and gym clients? Or perhaps just find entertaining quotes to make yourself smile?
In this article – we’ve compiled over 75 of the funniest fitness quotes and workout captions that you can copy and paste for Instagram (or just chuckle at quietly to yourself)…
- Funny fitness sayings
- Exercise & workout quotes
- Gym humour
- Motivational but lighthearted
- Strength & bodybuilding
- Female fitness quotes
- Yoga & meditation funnies
- Downloadable templates
Funny Fitness Quotes
Here are a few hilarious quotes to get some chuckles down at the gym…
- Life has its ups and downs, we call them squats.
- I’m always weirdly proud when my pee is clear…
- Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going! – Jillian Michaels
- I need to get in shape. If I were murdered right now, my chalk outline would be a circle.
- The only BS I need in my life is burpees and squats.
- If you want to know the correct way to perform an exercise, the answer is: Whatever hurts most.” – Jason Love.
- I don’t want to look thin. I want to look like I could kiss your butt.
- Sweat is your fat crying.
- I don’t sweat, I sparkle.
- It’s my workout and I’ll cry if I want to.
- Sorry for what I said during Burpees.
- Cut carbs? Sure, I can do that… *slices bread.
- Don’t give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping.
- Eat clean, stay fit, and have a burger to stay sane. – Gigi Hadid
- Sore? Tired? Out of breath? Good… it’s working.
Funny Exercise & Workout Quotes
- My idea of exercise is a good brisk sit. – Phyllis Diller.
- I like long walks, especially when they’re taken by people who annoy me.
- My doctor recently told me that jogging could add years to my life. I think he was right. I feel ten years older already.
- The best abs exercise is five sets of stop eating so much… – Lazar Angelov.
- We don’t stop exercising because we grow old… we grow old because we stop exercising
- I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I’m doing.
- Every time I hear the dirty word ‘exercise’ I wash my mouth out with chocolate!
- A person too busy to take care of their health, is like a mechanic too busy to take care of their tools.
- If that dog is fat you’re not getting enough exercise.
- Some things you have to do every day. Eating seven apples on Saturday night instead of one a day just isn’t going to get the job done. – Jim Rohn
Funny Gym Quotes
These are some gym humour quotes that are sure to make you (and your social media followers) smile…
- My favorite exercise at the gym would probably be judging.
- At the gym, I’m like a ninja. You’ll never see me there.
- My fav machine at the gym is the television.
- I got 99 problems, but I’m going to the gym to ignore all of them.
- I go to the gym three days a week. You have to or else – I don’t want to be the guy that dies shoveling snow. – Douglas Coupland.
- When future archaeologists dig up the remains of California, they’re going to find all of those gyms, their scary-looking gym equipment, and they’re going to assume that we were a culture obsessed with torture. – Douglas Coupland.
- I consider my refusal to go to the gym today as resistance training. – Immortal Souls.
- I will never break up with my gym. We just seem to workout.
- Let’s have a moment of silence for all those Americans who are stuck in traffic on their way to the gym to ride the stationary bicycle.” – Earl Blumenauer.
Positive quotes and motivational sayings can give people the nudge they need to get started. But let’s be honest, they can sometimes take themselves a bit seriously. So here are some of the funniest lighthearted quotes instead…
- If you still look cute after working out, you didn’t try hard enough.
- Our bodies are capable of anything… It’s our minds we have to convince.
- Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you’re done.
- What seems impossible today will one day become your warm up.
- I only work out because I really, really like doughnuts.
- The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat. – Richard Marcinko.
- Stop waiting for Monday, January 1st, or anything else. Start now.
- If you don’t have enough time, stop watching TV.
Hilarious Strength & Bodybuilding Quotes
Here are some funny fitness quotes about strength, lifting, and bodybuilding…
- Life is short. Lift heavy things.
- If you’re using two-pound weights, how did you even open the door to the gym? – Dave Attell.
- You make my knees weak… Just kidding, yesterday was leg day.
- Friday night party at the gym with my mates: barbell and dumbbell.
- I like big weights and I cannot lie.
- Do not fear what you cannot lift, fear that which can lift you. – Uziel Matos Lima
- Weights before dates.
- Education is important, but big biceps are importanter.
- Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you. On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in. – Mark Rippetoe.
- I don’t believe in bodybuilders using steroids. If a man doesn’t have enough male hormones in his system to create, a nice hard, muscular body, he should take up ping pong. – Steve Reeves.
Female Fitness Quotes
Here are some awesome quotes from legendary women in the health and fitness industry…
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable! – Jillian Michaels
- I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don’t. – Neila Ray
- Progress not perfection. – Kimberly Snyder
- I win or I learn but I never lose. – Marie Forleo
- When you start eating food without labels, you no longer need to count the calories. – Amanda Kraft
Funny Yoga & Meditation Quotes
Some people think yoga and meditation are serious pursuits, but we can laugh about them too! Here’s are some chuckle-inducing quotes that reflect the lighter side of both…
- I’m not napping this is savasana. – Berndt Vogel.
- Check on yourself as much as you check on your Instagram.
- Don’t just do something. Sit there!
- Come on inner peace, I don’t have all day!
- Sorry for what I said before I’d yoga’d.
- Yoga class helps me calm down from the agonizing stress of trying to get to yoga class on time. – Sadhguru.
- What did the yogi tell the door-to-door salesperson who came to his home selling vacuum cleaners? Too many attachments! – Sadhana Yoga.
- Calming the mind is yoga. Not just standing on the head. – Swami Satchidananda.
- You can close your eyes and imagine yourself in a relaxing place. Like on your sofa, not doing yoga. – Grant Tucker.
- Reaching under the couch for something is the closest I’ll ever get to yoga. – Grant Tucker.
- Is taco yoga a thing yet? Someone get on that. – Chisty Lowe.
- I’ve got 99 problems and I’m gonna go to yoga and solve about 53 of them.
- If you fall, I’ll be there. Love, Your Yoga Mat
- It’s funny when people think ‘yoga people’ are supposed to be calm. No. We’re all here because we’re nuts!
- Don’t let anyone rent a space in your head unless they’re a good tenant.
- Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively.
- Meditation, because some questions can’t be answered by Google.
- You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes a day unless you’re too busy, then you should sit for an hour. – Zen Proverb
How Do I Motivate Others to Exercise?
Motivating others is an art and a science. Sharing inspirational and funny fitness quotes is one way to make people believe they can achieve their goals. But it’s probably not going to get them out of bed for that early-morning workout.
Motivation is often intrinsic so it’s not something that you can do for others. The best approach is to lead by example, inspire them to be the best version of themselves, and be ready to help when they decide to take action. Adding humour makes you more relatable and approachable, so they’ll be more likely to engage with you.
Social Media Kits
If you’re looking for quotes to use on Facebook or Instagram, then check out our pre-made kits. They contain inspirational quotes, motivational fitness sayings, and posts that encourage your followers to interact.
Our social media kits make it easy to drive leads, engagement, and loyalty for your fitness business. Ideal for busy bloggers, gym operators, and studio owners, they enable you to benefit from our marketing agency expertise for a fraction of the usual cost. Ready-made social posts save you time and effort – learn more here.