Looking for fitness quotes to motivate your workout? Or inspire coaching clients and social media followers? Whether you’re hitting the gym, running trail, or yoga mat, these quotes will inspire you to keep going.
In this article – we share 70 awesome fitness and workout quotes including images you can use on Instagram and Facebook.
- Exercise benefits
- Quotes by famous athletes
- Science behind quotes
- Downloadable Templates
Motivational Fitness Quotes
Inspiring fitness quotes and motivational sayings can give people the nudge they need to take action. Here are some of the best ones…
- We don’t need to be perfect… we just need to get started.
- Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection – Mark Twain.
- It never gets easier. You just get better at it.
- Tough times don’t last but tough people do – Robert H. Schuller.
- Shift the focus from what your body looks like to what it can do.
- You just can’t beat the person who never gives up – Babe Ruth.
- Each day is another chance to change your life.
- The same voice that says “give up” can also be trained to say “keep going”.
- Our bodies are capable of anything… It’s our minds we have to convince.
- Don’t stop when you’re tired. Stop when you’re done.
- If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you
- What seems impossible today will one day become your warm up.
- A one-hour workout is 4% of your day.
- It’s not about being the best. It’s about being better than you were yesterday.
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
- It’s not until you get tired that you see how strong you really are. – Shaun T
- You can’t out-train a bad diet.
- A healthy lifestyle is something we refine over time, not overnight.
- You don’t have to go fast… you just have to go.
- Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants. – Michael Pollan
- It’s ok to fail… consistent doesn’t mean perfect.
- The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- Have a purpose and you won’t need motivation.
- Nothing changes if nothing changes.
We love great gym quotes that inspire a good workout…
- Push harder than yesterday if you want a different tomorrow.
- The best exercise is the one you actually do.
- Remember why you started.
- If it was easy, would it be worth it?
- Wake up with determination. Go to be with satisfaction.
- Strength grows in the moment when you think you can’t go on, but you keep going anyway.
- The decent method you follow is better than the perfect method you quit. – Tim Ferris
- If you’re persistent you’ll get it. If you’re consistent you’ll keep it.
- The body achieves what the mind believes.
- Don’t wish for it – work for it.
Funny Workout Quotes
Here are a few funny fitness quotes to get some chuckles down at the gym or in your Instagram captions…
- I’m always weirdly proud when my pee is clear…
- Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going! – Jillian Michaels
- I need to get in shape. If I were murdered right now, my chalk outline would be a circle.
- Cut carbs? Sure, I can do that… *slices bread.
- Don’t give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping.
- Eat clean, stay fit, and have a burger to stay sane. – Gigi Hadid
- Sore? Tired? Out of breath? Good… it’s working.
You might also like… Personal Trainer Quotes or Perfect Wellness Quotes & Captions.
Quotes on the Benefits of Exercise
If you’re looking for wise words on the benefits of exercise, then here are some sayings that’ll do the job…
- It is health that is real wealth. – Ghandi
- Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live. – Jim Rohn
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle
- We don’t stop exercising because we grow old… we grow old because we stop exercising
- A person too busy to take care of their health, is like a mechanic too busy to take care of their tools.
- You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.
- The quality of your sleep depends on the quality of your day. – Deepak Chopra
- Some things you have to do every day. Eating seven apples on Saturday night instead of one a day just isn’t going to get the job done. – Jim Rohn
- Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. – Edward Stanley
- Everything you do now, is for your future.
Fitness Quotes By Famous Athletes
These fitness and workout quotes by famous athletes are both inspiring and insightful on what it takes to be successful in sport…
- You miss 100% of the shots you never take. – Wayne Gretzky
- Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom. – Jack Lalanne
- I train to be the best in the world on my worst day. – Ronda Rousey
- Exercise should be regarded as tribute to the heart. – Gene Tunney
- The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow. – Ritu Ghatourey
- If you don’t practise you don’t deserve to win. – Andre Agassi
- I didn’t have the same fitness or ability as other girls, so I had to beat them with my mind. – Martina Hingis
- I still look at myself and want to improve. – David Beckham
- I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die. – Serena Williams
- I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. – Michael Jordan
- I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. – Mohammad Ali
- If you turn up worrying about how you’re going to perform, you’ve already lost. Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself. – Usain Bolt
- The best abs exercise is 5 sets of stop eating so much crap. – Lazar Angelov
- Everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and you put the work and time into it. – Michael Phelps.
- Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t. – Jerry Rice
- Practise puts brains in your muscles. – Sam Snead
- Blood, sweat, and respect. First two you give. Last one you earn. – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
You might also like… Inspiring yoga quotes or meditation quotes for stress & mindfulness.
Science Behind Using Quotes
There’s some interesting scientific research that supports the use of quotes, affirmations, and mantras. It suggests that they can reduce stress and positively affect parts of the brain associated with self-processing and valuation. They’re more effective when used to think about the future than the past, so could be beneficial for people working towards fitness goals.
Motivational quotes can be used in a myriad of ways within the fitness industry. They’re probably most often seen on social media, being used as content on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
But you can also use them as part of your gym’s interior design as huge wall graphics or murals. Or simply to motivate personal training clients in one-to-one coaching situations.
Downloadable Quotes Templates
To save you time and effort, we’ve put together a collection of social media kits that include hundreds of health and fitness quotes. Our marketing agency clients often request these as part of their social media packages, so we know they’re popular with gyms, personal trainers, and fitness bloggers.
Our kits make it easy to grow your online audience, inspire your followers, and encourage them to achieve their fitness goals. Ready-made content will help you post more consistently, so that platform algorithms favour your posts. This helps you to show up more regularly in the feed and get in front of more potential clients.
Ideal for busy fitness business owners, they enable you to benefit from our marketing agency expertise for a fraction of the usual cost. Along with ready-made posts to save you time and effort, you’ll receive content ideas, a social media calendar, and list of key awareness dates.