If you’re looking for inspiring, funny, and positive yoga quotes, then this article is for you. Quotes can motivate your own practice, be used by teachers during classes, or as social media content for your wellness business. After all, Instagram loves nothing more than wise (or laugh-out-loud funny) yoga sayings!
In this article – we share 45+ of the best yoga quotes on happiness and balance, including plenty of funny ones too…
- Inspirational quotes
- Funny quotes
- Strength & balance quotes
- Wise sayings related to practice
- Yoga teacher quotes
- Downloadable images for social media
Yoga Inspirational Quotes
Here are some inspirational and motivational yoga quotes to encourage your practice (or that of your students)…
- Yoga is not about touching your toes. It is about what you learn on the way down. – Jigar Gor
- Yoga is possible for anybody who really wants it. Yoga is universal. – Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
- The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. – Socrates
- Yoga is the golden key that unlocks the door to peace, tranquility, and joy. – B.K.S. Iyengar
- If every eight-year-old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation. – Dalai Lama
- Yoga is the artwork of awareness on the canvas of body, mind, and soul.
- Find happiness within nature and yourself. For a healthy and peaceful life, make yoga a habit!
- Yoga does not just change the way we see things, it transforms the person.
- Yoga allows you to rediscover a sense of wholeness in your life, where you do not feel like you are constantly trying to fit broken pieces together. – B.K.S. Iyengar
FREE Social Media Bundle
It includes 25 inspiring health and fitness posts that you can share on Instagram, Facebook, or any other platform.
Enter your email below to download them…
You might also like… 75 of the most inspiring fitness quotes for gym clients.
Funny Yoga Quotes
For more inspiration, check out BadYogi’s social media feeds for a seriously hilarious take on yoga stereotypes.
- I’m not napping. This is savasana!
- I do yoga so that I can stay flexible enough to kick my own arse if necessary.
- What did the yogi tell the door-to-door salesperson who came to his home selling vacuum cleaners? Too many attachments! – Sadhana Yoga.
- Calming the mind is yoga. Not just standing on the head. – Swami Satchidananda.
- You can close your eyes and imagine yourself in a relaxing place. Like on your sofa, not doing yoga. – Grant Tucker.
- Reaching under the couch for something is the closest I’ll ever get to yoga. – Grant Tucker.
- Is taco yoga a thing yet? Someone get on that. – Chisty Lowe.
- If you fall, I’ll be there. Love, Your Yoga Mat
- Yoga adds years to your life and life to your years.
- I’ve got 99 problems and I’m gonna go to yoga and solve about 53 of them.
- Yoga class helps me calm down from the agonizing stress of trying to get to yoga class on time.
- Yoga is a way of getting totally drunk – not on alcohol but on life. You know, they call it divine. – Sadhguru
- Yoga is not about tightening your ass. It’s about getting your head out of it. – Eric Paskel
- Sorry for what I said before I yoga-ed.
- Yoga pants. Because jeans are stressful and you don’t need that in your life.
- It’s funny when people think ‘yoga people’ are supposed to be calm. No. We’re all here because we’re nuts!
If you’re interested in sharing funny yoga quotes as images on social media, then check out our post bundle…
Quotes About Strength & Balance
There are physical and mental aspects to the practice – here’s a selection of famous yoga quotes about strength and balance…
- Yoga helps you in maintaining balance in life.
- You cannot always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes on inside.
- Your body will most likely become much more flexible by doing yoga, and so will your mind. – Cyndi Lee
- Just know what is happening in your mind: not happy or sad about it, not attached. If you suffer, see it, know it and be empty.
You might also like… the best gym quotes and post captions for social media.
Yoga Practice Quotes
Whether you practice yin yoga, kundalini, bikram, or any other type, here are some quotes about the practice that will be relevant…
- The most important pieces of equipment you need for doing yoga are your body and your mind.
- You cannot do yoga. Yoga is your natural state. What you can do are yoga exercises, which may reveal to you where you are resisting your natural state. – Sharon Gannon
- You are one yoga class away from a good mood.
- A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms. – Zen Shin
- Yoga is the journey of the self through the self to the self.
- Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame.
- Yoga is not a religion, it is a science, science of well-being, a science of youthfulness, a science of integrating body, mind, and soul.
- Yoga is the practice of quieting the mind. – Patanjali
- Yoga is 99 percent practice and one percent theory. – Sri Pattabhi Jois
- Yoga begins right where I am – not where I was yesterday or where I long to be. – Linda Sparrowe
- One becomes firmly established in practice only after attending to it for a long time, without interruption and with an attitude of devotion.
Quotes for Yoga Teachers
- Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are. – Jason Crandell
- You owe it to yourself to be yourself – Yogi Bhajan
- Chasing after the world brings chaos. Allowing it all to come to me, brings peace. – Zen Gatha
- The wise yogi knows that the process itself is a destination. That life itself – perhaps this very moment – is the ultimate reward.
Ready-Made Social Media Content
Our social media kits make it easy to drive leads, engagement, and loyalty for your yoga business. Ideal for busy teachers and studio owners, they enable you to benefit from our marketing agency expertise for a fraction of the usual cost.
The ready-made social posts and yoga quote images save you time and effort – learn more here.