Reading the right fitness entrepreneur books can super-charge your business. They’ll teach you new business strategies, time-saving shortcuts, and help you avoid costly mistakes.
Books are a relatively cheap and easy way to work on your professional development. And with audiobooks and ebooks available on your phone, it’s never been easier to increase your knowledge.
In this article – we share 25 books for fitness entrepreneurs that are essential reading for industry success (plus a time-saving app for reading if you’re busy).
We may earn a small commission if you use the links below but that hasn’t influenced our decision to include these particular books. They’re all essential reading and we recommend them regardless!
These books are specifically chosen for gym owners, personal trainers, and fitness entrepreneurs. Whether you run an online training business or boutique studio, there’s something here for you. If you’re really serious about being successful in the fitness industry, then add these books to your reading list…
Fitness Business Books For Entrepreneurs
Here’s a selection of books aimed specifically at fitness entrepreneurs and those wanting to start their own business…
- Become A Fitpreneur: How To Live Out Your Passion, And Turn Your Love Of Health And Fitness Into A Profitable Business, by Rachel Withers
- Change Maker: Turn Your Passion for Health and Fitness into a Powerful Purpose and a Wildly Successful Career, by John Berardi
- Thrive Don’t Just Survive: The Secret to a Happy and Profitable Health and Fitness Business, by Karen Ingram
- Gym Launch Secrets: The Step-By-Step Guide To Building A Massively Profitable Gym, by Alex Hormozi
- New Encyclopaedia of Modern Fitness Business Building, by Simon Lovell
- The Little Black Book of Fitness Business Success, by Pat Rigsby
- The Art and Business of Teaching Yoga, by Amy Ippoliti and Taro Smith
- The Thriving Yoga Teacher: How To Create A Sustainable Career Doing What You Love, by Michelle Linane
- The Yoga Mentor: Everything I Wish I Knew When I Started Teaching Yoga, by Celest Pereira
Personal Training Business Books
These are some of the best books for fitness coaches and personal trainers looking for business success…
- The Personal Training Business Bible: How to Build a 6 THEN 7 Figure Fitness, by Jason Grossman
- Ignite the Fire: The Secrets to Building a Successful Personal Training Career, by Jonathan Goodman
- How To Sell Personal Training, by us!
- Your First 100 Clients: How To Build Your Dream Online Fitness Business, by Chris Dufey
- The Business of Personal Training, by Andrea Oh
- Level Up: The Fitness Professional’s Road Map To Achieving Excellence, by Mark Coles
- Coaching Rules: A How-to Manual for a Successful Career in Strength and Fitness, by Brendon Rearick
You might also like… Top 10 Books For Personal Training Success or our In-Depth Review of Jon Goodman’s Ignite the Fire.
General Business Books For Fitness Entrepreneurs
The following are more general business books that are invaluable for anyone aiming for professional success.
- The 4-Hour Work Week, by Tim Ferris
- Oversubscribed: How To Get People Lining Up To Do Business With You, by Daniel Priestley
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action, by Simon Sinek
- The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results, by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business, by Chris Ducker
- To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Persuading, Convincing, and Influencing Others, by Dan Pink
- Crush It!, by Gary Vaynerchuk
- How To Style Your Brand, by Fiona Humberstone
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t, by Jim Collins
You might also like… 5 Classic Marketing Books for Gym Owners & Fitness Professionals.
No Time To Read?
Investing a small amount of time in reading can pay huge dividends. But if you’re super-busy (lets be honest, who isn’t?) then Blinkist can help. It’s our go-to app for written and audiobook summaries.
Get a quick overview of the key lessons from best-selling books. Scroll through the short write-ups or listen to them on-the-go. The bite-sized books are perfect for reading or listening to during breaks or on the commute.
Get a 7-day free trial and listen to unlimited books in that time!
Fitness Business Templates & More
Our ready-made templates make it quicker, cheaper, and easier to promote your fitness business. They can improve the effectiveness of your sales and marketing campaigns. If you aren’t an experienced marketer, then templates also provide a useful guide for you to follow.
Whether you run a gym club, fitness studio, or personal training business, these templates will save you time and effort. They’ll help you to plan and organize your promotional activities so that you generate more revenue. You’ll get 40+ templates covering sales, marketing, and business start-up resources.