Looking for unique fitness business ideas that are both profitable and fun? Perhaps you already have a concept in your head but aren’t sure how to make money from it. Or you’re determined to work for yourself but unsure what your entrepreneurial options are…
Starting your own venture can be exciting and daunting in equal measure. So, it helps to research your options and gather as much info as possible. This way, you’re more likely to identify the best fitness business opportunity for your requirements.
In this article – we’ve collated 22 profitable health and fitness business ideas to inspire your start-up dreams and allow you to work for yourself.
- How to identify profitable opportunities
- 22 ideas to inspire your start-up
- Turning ideas into action
- Downloadable fitness business templates
We’re a specialist fitness marketing agency with 15+ years of industry experience, so we know first-hand what works (and what doesn’t!). We’ve helped gyms, personal trainers and online coaches to successfully promote their businesses on social media, so our strategies are tried and tested. You can be confident that the ideas and approaches we share in our articles are proven to work in the real world.
Identifying Health & Fitness Business Opportunities
Many people find it tricky to think up unique ideas. It might feel like all the good ones have already been taken. But in reality, there are some proven approaches to finding new and innovative concepts.
Here are a few ways to identify the most profitable fitness business ideas and opportunities…
- Tap into the latest fitness trends or wider industry shifts
- Target an existing offering to a new niche audience (e.g. tailor to Millenials or older adults)
- Combine two ideas to create a niche product or service (e.g. surf yoga, martial arts nutrition)
- Digitize a physical product or in-person experience so you can sell it online
- Apply a new business model or pricing strategy to an existing offering (e.g. Netflix, Deliveroo)
- Put a twist on traditional gym business ideas through different values, interior design, or equipment (e.g. community-focused)
- Fuse complementary businesses (e.g. smoothies and yoga)
2024 Fitness Industry Report
The most comprehensive & up-to-date report on the fitness industry available. Includes revenue, growth, future outlook plus much more.
Fitness-Related Business Ideas
When considering business ideas in the fitness industry, it’s important to think about your interests as well as practicalities. After all, the best fitness business to start is one you will stick with long-term. Launching a start-up takes hard work so it’s vital that you’ll enjoy what you’re doing.
Think beyond the usual options like gyms and yoga studios. There’s an incredible variety of models that you can adopt so be open to different things. Whether you’re looking for health, fitness, or gym-related business ideas, this list has got you covered…
- Classic gym or fitness studio
- Full-service health club
- Boutique fitness studio
- Fitness franchise
- Yoga, pilates, or meditation studio
- Online fitness business
- Fitness clothing brand
- Mobile fitness training classes
- Training courses, seminars, or workshops for fitness professionals
- Fitness equipment or accessories distributor
- Personal training business
- Workplace health and wellness instruction
- Home fitness business
- Fitness blog monetised through ads or online courses
- Nutrition or fitness supplements
- Online fitness training programs, ebooks, or courses
- Gym equipment or fitness product inventions
- Health and fitness mobile app
- Fitness product third-party distribution
- Fitness affiliate marketing website
- Wellness retreats or other events
- Temporary pop-up training sessions or studio facilities
This isn’t a comprehensive list of fitness entrepreneur ideas but hopefully, it’ll spark your imagination to think up even more.
Fitness Marketing Ideas Mini-Guide
25 fitness marketing ideas for your gym, studio, or online business. Attract new members, get more PT clients & boost your fitness blog.
Turning Ideas Into Action
Once you’ve identified a viable business idea that you’re excited about, the next step is to take action. Develop a comprehensive plan, come up with creative fitness business name ideas, and turn your dream into a reality. Who knows, perhaps we’ll be adding your awesome idea to this list very soon!
Fitness Business Templates
Take the time, hassle, and guesswork out of sales and marketing…
Our ready-made templates make it quicker, cheaper, and easier to promote your fitness business. They can improve the effectiveness of your sales and marketing campaigns. If you aren’t an experienced marketer, then templates also provide a useful guide for you to follow.
Fitness Business Templates
40+ ready-made sales, marketing & strategic planning templates to help you promote your fitness business.
Whether you run a gym club, fitness studio, or personal training business, these templates will save you time and effort. They’ll help you to plan and organize your promotional activities so that you generate more revenue. You’ll get 40+ templates covering sales, marketing, and business start-up resources.